The Big Three-OhMay 18th, 2008 | Posted by in Uncategorized
This past April yours truly turned the Big Three-Oh. Yep, I’m now 30 years old. Time sure flies. I feel like I was just in college not long ago, but it’s been 8 years since I’ve graduated. On the plus side I don’t really feel any older. Sure, I’ve already had two open heart surgeries, which are usually reserved for those about 35 years older than me, but I’m feeling good. I think I’ve got at least another good 50 birthdays ahead of me.
So, anyway, to celebrate the occasion Chanin threw a birthday bash at our house. We had a good turnout and about 15 out-of-town guests were able to make it as well as our Maricopa friends (our neighbors).
Chanin planned a nice menu of tasty Mexican food.
- ♦ Pot o’ homemade beans
- ♦ Mexican rice
- ♦ Marinated carne asada for the grill
- ♦ Fresh fruit salad
- ♦ Homemade salsa
- ♦ Homemade pico de gallo
- ♦ Jalapeño poppers (mmmm…bacon wrapped)
- ♦ Birthday Cheescake (courtesy of my Mom and Mark)
- ♦ Margaritas
I kind of slacked off when it came to picture taking duties. Normally, I’m all about taking pictures of food but since it was my party I mostly just relaxed and hung out with everyone. I even took a dip in our pool, which was the first time I’d been in since the water has been way too cold.
The party was a hit and everyone had tons o’ fun. Next year I think I’ll throw Chanin a 30th birthday party so she can just relax and have fun!
- ♦ Thanks to my lovely wife Chanin for all of the hard work and preparation. All of the food was yumtacular. I just made that word up, I’ll try to never use it again.
- ♦ Thanks to Eric for helping with the grill duties, the meat turned out perfect.
- ♦ Thanks to my mum and Mark for bringing that cheescake from The Cheescake Factory. That was a nice and unexpected treat.
- ♦ Thanks to Ruben and Karen for helping with the party supplies. That was some fancy decoratin’!
- ♦ And thanks to everyone for the birthday gifts and for just making the trip out here! We hope to see all of you again really soon!